LiveJournal FOAF Update

So, a long time ago, I posted about how I planned to update the FOAF that LiveJournal spits out to become more friendly, since I really didn’t know anything about RDF at all when I was first creating the format. So, I wanted to do some updates, to match things that I had discussed with members of the FOAF community over time.

However, I got a real job, lost my free time, blah blah blah, these things happen. The patch has sat around in various incarnations for at least 6 months, probably longer. Recently, someone asked me what had happened to it, and I responded that I had gotten tired of pushing for changes to FOAF, and given up. He said he had time to spare on pushing people, so I cleaned up my patch, and posted about it – a detailed rundown of the changes the patch makes, for evaluation by the community.

Since the community involved is larger than LiveJournal, I’m here to encourage absolutely anyone who might have an interest or knowledge in the arena to read through the explanation or the patch, and let me know what they think. I really would love to see this happen, but like I said, I’m not going to fight for it anymore: it took a lot of hard work to get the previous FOAF patch accepted, and I just don’t have the energy or free time to do that again. So, this one is going to depend on community feedback and demonstration of interest. If you think that LiveJournal’s FOAF data might be suboptimal, say something about it. That entry is a great place to comment and discuss. Open a dialouge with developers about what you’d like to see, because if enough people want to see it, someone may actually push it in.

Comments are closed.